Historians speculate that, according to this journal entry, George Washington set up camp on an island in a river close to the convergence of a small creek, which later came to be called Glenn's Run, in what would eventually become the town of Warwood.
Washington wrote: “About three miles, or a little more below this, at the lower point on some islands, which stand contiguous to each other, we were told by the Indians, that three men from Virginia [possibly Silas, Ebenezer, and Jonathan Zane] had marked the land from hence all the way to Red-stone; that there was a body of exceedingly fine land lying about this place, and up opposite to the Mingo Town, as also down to the Mouth of Fishing Creek [Fish Creek near New Martinsville]. At this place we camped.”
The island where Washington is believed to have camped was a part of the Pike Island Sister Islands or Twin Islands. The southernmost island, where he likely stayed, would later become the temporary location (1905-1907) of an amusement park named “Coney Island.” (https://rb.gy/szoqw)